Website EnviroTrac Ltd.
EnviroTrac Ltd. is a full-service energy, environmental, and engineering consulting firm with offices located in MA, NY, NJ, OH, PA, VA, WV, NC, GA, and FL. We are currently seeking an Environmental Technician for our West Virginia area.
Candidates must have a High School diploma or general education degree (GED); or 1 to 3 years of related experience and/or training; or the equivalent combination of education and experience. Previous field experience preferred but is not required.
A valid driver’s license is required as a continuing condition of employment. The driving record must be in good standing.
Preferred certifications: OSHA Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response (HAZWOPER) 40 Hour Training and OSHA 8 Hour Refreshers
Summary: Conducts field operations in addition to assisting engineering and scientific personnel during projects to determine both methods of controlling pollution, maintaining client-specific, state, and federal regulatory requirements, all while ensuring the safety of themselves and others.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (Subject to change.)
- Collect samples, record, and tabulate field data.
- Perform routine groundwater and soil sampling.
- Prepares samples for analysis in accordance with established protocols.
- Operation of light to heavy equipment.
- Compile and complete field notes on each new event/site.
- Utilizes monitoring equipment.
- Assists with the installation of complex equipment and instrumentation including calibration and troubleshooting as needed.
- Operates fixed or mobile monitoring or data collection station.
- Emergency Response Activities 24/7 Availability
- Tank Cleaning
- Equipment decontamination
- Equipment Operation
- Calibration of meters
- Vacuum equipment
- Hand tools
- Power tools
- Pressure washers
- Health and Safety
- Following processes and policies
- Performing work in a safe manner at all times
- Proper use of equipment
- Notifies supervisor of equipment failures or problems
- Ensures Health and Safety compliance and regulations
- The ability to wear the proper personal protective equipment
This position has the potential to involve some supervisory responsibilities, that will be DOE.
- Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Communicates changes and progress.
- Responds promptly to customer needs; Responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments.
- Remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
- Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions.
- Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Has the ability to learn Deltek Vision Accounting software; Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word.
- Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Treats people with respect; Approaches others in a tactful manner; Works with integrity and ethically; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments; Upholds organizational values.
- Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time.
- Includes appropriate people in decision-making process.
- Uses time efficiently.
- Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Adapts to changes in the work environment.
- Is consistently at work and on time.
- Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals. Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
EnviroTrac Ltd. offers a competitive salary, great growth potential, medical and dental insurance plans, Flexible Spending Account for medical and dependent care, 401k plan, Life Insurance, Long Term Disability, Employee Assistance Program, AFLAC plans, paid time off, and paid holidays.
EnviroTrac does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability and genetic information, or age.
All appropriate candidates should submit their resume with cover letter and salary requirements.
Attn: Human Resources
Fax: (508) 546-0416
To apply for this job please visit envirotrac.com.