health & safety practices
EnviroTrac has a comprehensive Health and Safety Program focusing on employee accountability and responsibility to work safely. EnviroTrac encourages a constant focus on workplace health and safety through policies and programs tailored to its workforce’s needs and each client’s worksite. Our goal is to achieve zero workplace injuries through a behavior-based safety program to prevent incidents by anticipating and resolving risks and hazards before incidents occur, not after.
Our Employees Are:
American Red Cross Certified: CPR / First Aid
Smith System Driver Trained
Our comprehensive written Health and Safety Manual outlines safe work practices and procedures for all EnviroTrac operations. These practices are communicated through mentoring/coaching, daily tailgate and monthly safety meetings, near miss/lessons learned articles, site-specific Health And Safety Plans (HASPs), and training. EnviroTrac’s employee training includes OSHA HAZWOPER, hazard communication, American Petroleum Institute’s Worksafe program, Red Cross First aid/CPR/AED/Bloodborne pathogens, Smith System defensive driver training, and task-specific training such as confined space entry, working at heights, lockout/tagout, and trenching and excavations.
EnviroTrac’s Health and Safety Program and policies are supported by upper management, are communicated to all employees, and are improved upon through review, comment, and feedback from all staff levels. Michael Clark, EnviroTrac’s Director of Health and Safety, has over 25 years of experience in health and safety management and manages a network of Health and Safety Coordinators in each regional area to address local health and safety requirements.
Field safety audits are used to verify that safety procedures are being followed. Near miss incidents and accidents are investigated for their root cause. The results are shared with upper-level management and posted on the company intranet, accessible to all employees. The results of the incident investigations and field observations are used to improve the program. In addition to our reviewing process, the entire Health and Safety program is reviewed by third-party auditing firms ISNetworld, PICS, and PEC Safety. We currently rate the highest levels of compliance.
Through the focused implementation of its Health and Safety Program, EnviroTrac has received the following Safety Awards:
• New Jersey Governor’s Occupational Safety and Health Award for no lost worktime accidents. EnviroTrac has received this award from the NJ Department of Labor and Workforce Development three times (2013, 2014, 2015).
• BP “Believe in Zero” Contractor Safety Award (2013), the highest contractor award issued by BP for no on-the-job accidents since reporting began in 2011.
• BP Remediation Management Contractor Performance Award for no lost worktime accidents. EnviroTrac received this award for the three years (2013, 2012, 2011) that the award was given out.
• The National Safety Council’s Occupational Excellence Achievement Award for over 1,000,000 hours with no lost worktime accidents or fatalities.
Health & Safety Director
Mr. Clark has over 25 years of experience in the environmental, health, and safety field managing and directing programs for Fortune 100 corporations, manufacturing and construction companies, and consulting firms. He currently is the Corporate Director of EnviroTrac’s Health and Safety program.
Current Health and Safety monitoring indices:
• Total Recordable Incident Rate (TRIR) three-year average (2018-2020) 0.23
• 2020 Worker’s Compensation Experience Modification Rate (EMR) 0.86
• 2019 EMR 0.85
• 2018 EMR 0.84
Safety On ®